Volunteering with Warwickshire Pride as a trustee is an incredibly rewarding experience that will enable you to make a difference to the lives of LGBT+ people, as well as developing your skills. We are currently seeking new trustees to join our board and help shape the future of the charity to ensure we continue to meet our objectives. Please see the role descriptions below. Don't be put off if some of the roles seem like a lot of work. The truth is that the roles only require a couple of hours of your time each week, so you can easily fit it in around your other commitments.
About Warwickshire Pride
The following objectives are for the benefit of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) young people and adults:
1.To preserve and protect the physical and mental health of such people, in particular, but not exclusively through:
a.The provision of information, guidance and emotional support;
b.Safe, social meeting spaces where people can explore verbally and express their sexual orientation or gender identity.
2.The promotion of equality and diversity in the Warwickshire area for the public benefit by:
a.The elimination of discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation or gender identity;
b.Working in partnership with other providers and community groups to raise awareness of LGBTQ issues, and the needs of LGBTQ young people and adults;
c.Advancing education and raising awareness in equality and diversity, with a focus on sexual orientation and gender identity.
The Purpose of this role is to:
- Deputise for the Chair at trustee meetings, other meetings and events;
- Chair standing or sub-committees or working groups;
- To act in other specialised capacities, e.g. membership secretary;
- To act as a representative on other bodies.
Key qualities required:
- A knowledge of and commitment to the work of the charity;
- Good meeting and presentation skills;
- Supportive and confident leadership style.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Ensure the charity is complying legally with its constitution;
- Provide support to other trustees on the board;
- Assist in the management of the charity.
- Main duties include:
- Attending regular trustee meetings;
- Contributing actively to trustee meetings;
- Carrying out tasks as agreed with the board of trustees.
Key qualities required:
- A commitment to the charity and its objectives;
- An ability to think creatively;
- Willingness to speak your mind;
- An ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Please note that we will accept applications from people who do not have any previous experience as a trustee. You also do not have to be LGBT+ to be a trustee of Warwickshire Pride. The qualities are essential though.
All the trustee roles may require additional duties relating to promotion, fundraising and event organising. However, this will be discussed and agreed with you when relevant. You can commit to as much or as little as you wish beyond the duties detailed above.
To apply for any of the trustee roles, please complete an application below. Once you submit the application form, we will be in touch with you within one week to discuss your application.
Trustee Application Form
All information provided on this form is only seen by trustees of Warwickshire Pride. For further information, please see our Data Protection Policy.